I believe every single one of us is hungry for love and attention.Also,the rich get it easily than the rest.So i concentrate on the proletariat class.These people are the less fortunate or lesser mortals.Every single day is a struggle for the necessities.
So,here is what i do.The mess people serve food to all the students,but no one ever says thank you.I know it is their job to serve us,but why do so many of us forget our basic courtesies.So every time the mess guys help me with their servings,i smile and say thank you.
And guess the result.They give me extra attention,sometimes extra matar paneer....This sunday,I got two dosas...while most students have a hard time getting even one fresh off the pan.I personally dislike South Indian Food but the point is not sambhar and chutney...it is the happiness that these people get when they are recognised for their service and the happiness you get by doing such things.
Other events that have been a repurcussion of these "acts":Some time back two mess workers came to my hostel room to wish me goodbye before they left work forever.Ok,enough of mess workers.They are not the only working class in our hostel.There are also sweepers and guards.
An incident which touched me today was when i enquired the bathroom cleaner about his health and gave him a smile like always....he actually broke down.He told me that he was changing the block from the next day i.e.1st of Feb as the month was coming to an end.So he said "goodbye" to me.No one cares for these people but the least we could do is by being polite and smiling and use kind words.
I think i can share too many of such memories as i smile a lot...but the point is....try smiling at a random stranger from now on and you will be surprised half of them will return the smile.Mind you don't smirk....
So thought for the day....actually also for a happy life.......
"Smile, it is the second best thing you can do with your lips"
I smiled after reading this :)
ReplyDelete